The project “SAD” emerged from actual needs of the wood and non-metal industry companies in the field of stress issues, burnout, absenteeism, decrease of productivity (presenteesm), fluctuations, and harmonisation of working life and family life.
The general aim of the project is to conduct a holistic analysis of all the listed factors with the purpose of formatting professional guidelines, strategies and approaches for an efficient holistic prevention and salvation of the problems and thus provide efficient protection of health, working environment and the entire working process.
The social partners of the project, companies SveaJsc., StillesJsc.,JavorJsc.,AlplesJsc., LesnaJsc., Kolpa Jsc.andBrestLtd., hope that the results of the project will highlight the causes of the employees’ problems and hence help them and the research group of the Science and Research Centre Koper create measurements that will enable the employees’ to control the above listed working place problems.
The specific aims of the SAD project:
- Sustainable increase of prosperity and life quality of the employees
- Improvement of the possibilities for a healthy, active and meaningful life
- Investing into learning, health and other sources of a personal growth of employees
- Stimulation of healthy behaviour patterns in interpersonal relations
- Competence training for more appropriate responses to stress
- Identification of stress burnout symptoms and the ways of solving them
- A responsible attitude towards personal health for diminishing absenteeism
- Stimulation of quality and long term employment
- A responsible attitude towards work and adaptation to the work culture patterns
- The use of the knowledge for economic development and quality work positions
- Stimulation of creativeness and innovativeness for better work procedures
- Enhancement of healthy competitiveness and a faster development of economy
Financier of the project:
Ministry of Work, Family and Social Affairs
University of Primorska
Science and Research Centre Koper
- Kolpa Jsc.
- WoodProcessing Industry Trade Union of Slovenia – SINLES
- Chemical,Non-Metal and Rubber Industries Trade Union of Slovenia - KNG
The project is executed within the IPA operational programme for human source development for the period 2007 – 2013, No 1 development priority “Stimulation of Entrepreneurship and Flexibility” and No1.4. priority orientation “Acceleration of the Development of New Employment Possibilities”.